You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment information required

Why is my payment info required to use my Apple ID money?

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 6:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 6:57 PM

Hi zeinab285,

Welcome to the Apple Community

Re: Payment information required

Seems Apple requires a credit card on file in your Apple ID account for some purchases,

even if you use money from your Apple ID Account to pay.

Re: Why is my payment info required to use my Apple ID money?

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in this community, so we often don't know exactly why Apple does what it does.

Eg: Could be a credit card on file can help verify, if items of value are ordered, to be delivered safely to the right person.

Perhaps this article can help :

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2022 6:57 PM in response to zeinab285

Hi zeinab285,

Welcome to the Apple Community

Re: Payment information required

Seems Apple requires a credit card on file in your Apple ID account for some purchases,

even if you use money from your Apple ID Account to pay.

Re: Why is my payment info required to use my Apple ID money?

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in this community, so we often don't know exactly why Apple does what it does.

Eg: Could be a credit card on file can help verify, if items of value are ordered, to be delivered safely to the right person.

Perhaps this article can help :

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Payment information required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.