You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID not working or setting up

my face id stopped working on my iphone 12 so i reset face id and then tried to set it up again and now it won’t let me get past the first step; positioning my face in the frame. it will keep telling me to lower or higher it or just say face id isn’t available. i have reset my phone 3 times i saw something saying to turn on the ringer i did that as well none of it made a difference. my phone is completely up to date as well.

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 7:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 11:10 AM

kirstennn3 wrote:

my face id stopped working on my iphone 12 so i reset face id and then tried to set it up again and now it won’t let me get past the first step; positioning my face in the frame. it will keep telling me to lower or higher it or just say face id isn’t available. i have reset my phone 3 times i saw something saying to turn on the ringer i did that as well none of it made a difference. my phone is completely up to date as well.

If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2022 11:10 AM in response to kirstennn3

kirstennn3 wrote:

If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Face ID not working or setting up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.