You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Started or stopped sharing location notifications

How can I stop or disable the notification in the message that states “you started sharing location with …”

it does it when I both start and stop sharing my location with each contact and the message cannot be deleted from the convo.

is there a way to disable or stop that notification from ever appearing?

thank you.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 8:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 1:00 PM

Hello MikeyB50,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that when you stop or starting sharing your location with someone that you get a message that you have started or stopped sharing your location with said person. This is expected behavior. Please feel free to leave Apple feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2022 1:00 PM in response to MikeyB50

Hello MikeyB50,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that when you stop or starting sharing your location with someone that you get a message that you have started or stopped sharing your location with said person. This is expected behavior. Please feel free to leave Apple feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Oct 29, 2022 1:36 PM in response to MikeyB50

Hey there, MikeyB50!

According to Share or stop sharing your location,

If you initially shared your location from iMessage rather than Find My and stop sharing, the person you stop sharing with may receive a banner in iMessage that you’ve stopped sharing your location. If you began sharing from Find My, and then stop sharing your location through Find My the person won’t be able to see you on their list of friends. If you reenable sharing, they get a notification that you’ve started sharing your location with them.

Have a good one!

Started or stopped sharing location notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.