You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone locked

My iPhone took a little swim accidentally and I got it out instantly and dried it out in rice. It worked but a piece of rice managed to block the charging port so I stopped using it. Unfortunately it has pictures on it of family who have passed away and I am not sure if the iCloud back up was on. I have had the screen replaced 4 times but the touch screen function is not working. Does anyone know if it can be fix so I can get the photos backed up or are they locked in the phone.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 6:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 6:38 AM

According to Apple:

Don’t put your iPhone in a bag of rice. Doing so could allow small particles of rice to damage your iPhone.

Read ▶︎ Water Damage (not covered by standard warranty). 💦

AppleCare+ can help.

Turning on a wet machine can cause more damage and increase the cost of repair. ⚠️

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2022 6:38 AM in response to catriona228

According to Apple:

Don’t put your iPhone in a bag of rice. Doing so could allow small particles of rice to damage your iPhone.

Read ▶︎ Water Damage (not covered by standard warranty). 💦

AppleCare+ can help.

Turning on a wet machine can cause more damage and increase the cost of repair. ⚠️

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

iPhone locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.