You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro 2nd gen 2017

Hello, my ipad was discountinued a few years back and because of that they dont really make any more cases for my ipad, well they do but one colored ones anyway i was gonna ask if there was an ipad thats basically the same? the size and width of it so i could order a case for that ipad but it fits mine?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 7:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 7:42 AM

Attempting to fit a new model iPad to an case designed for an earlier device is unwise. Fitted cases are precise-fit - while “generic” cases that are intended to accommodate many different models are often a compromise.

Cases with covers often contain tiny magnets - these being used to trigger certain actions, such as auto-locking the screen when the cover is closed. The sensor and corresponding magnet positions are often differ between iPad models.

If you are entertaining purchase of a new model iPad, first choose the iPad - and then the cover. Current model iPads will always have much greater choice of covers and styles than older models.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2022 7:42 AM in response to kamile261

Attempting to fit a new model iPad to an case designed for an earlier device is unwise. Fitted cases are precise-fit - while “generic” cases that are intended to accommodate many different models are often a compromise.

Cases with covers often contain tiny magnets - these being used to trigger certain actions, such as auto-locking the screen when the cover is closed. The sensor and corresponding magnet positions are often differ between iPad models.

If you are entertaining purchase of a new model iPad, first choose the iPad - and then the cover. Current model iPads will always have much greater choice of covers and styles than older models.

ipad pro 2nd gen 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.