You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

If I purchase an apple watch does it use the came cellular plan that I have to do I have to have a separate cellular plan. Does the iPhone have to be on my person for the watch to work?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 9:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 10:22 AM

If you purchase an Apple Watch, to use cellular other than the iPhone's cellular, you need to purchase an Apple Watch GPS+Cellular. If you do that, you have to activate the cellular if you wish to use the Apple Watch's cellular without your iPhone with you. Here is the US, it is an add-on to your cellular account. I'm with AT&T and pay an extra $10/month for the cellular on the Watch. Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone - Apple Support

Use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2022 10:22 AM in response to TAP52

If you purchase an Apple Watch, to use cellular other than the iPhone's cellular, you need to purchase an Apple Watch GPS+Cellular. If you do that, you have to activate the cellular if you wish to use the Apple Watch's cellular without your iPhone with you. Here is the US, it is an add-on to your cellular account. I'm with AT&T and pay an extra $10/month for the cellular on the Watch. Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone - Apple Support

Use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.