You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign in to app store

I have MacBook with old version(10.10.5) and I am trying to update it from the app store and install the macOS montery but when I sign in to my apple id it says that the password is incorrect( but it is correct actually) I think this is because this mac is not trusted and cannot receive apple id verification codes . so how can i fix this?

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 1:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 4:12 PM

Your Mac needs sufficient space to install Monterey.

You will need to make sure all your Apps are 64 bit compatible.

Consider upgrading to Mojave instead.

Your App Store ID if set for multifactor authentication will not give you the PIN entry shown on your iPhone or iPad. You'll need to insert that right after the password from your pre-Sierra computer. Mac OS 10.12.4 or later are needed for multifactor authentication on the Mac.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 31, 2022 4:12 PM in response to layan264

Your Mac needs sufficient space to install Monterey.

You will need to make sure all your Apps are 64 bit compatible.

Consider upgrading to Mojave instead.

Your App Store ID if set for multifactor authentication will not give you the PIN entry shown on your iPhone or iPad. You'll need to insert that right after the password from your pre-Sierra computer. Mac OS 10.12.4 or later are needed for multifactor authentication on the Mac.

Nov 1, 2022 3:23 AM in response to a brody

I cannot even sign in to the app store to make any updates although I have enough space. when I sign in to the app store the phone sends me code but I can not insert it into the MacBook because it doesn't show me any box to write the code. ( and the MacBook shows that the password I inserted is wrong but actually it is right).

Cannot sign in to app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.