You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time limits change themselves

I have screen time app limits set up on two different iPhones that I gave my kids. Randomly, I would say every five or six days, the limits seem to change themselves.

This apparent bug defeats, the purpose of having screen time limit at all…

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 11:45 AM

3 replies

Nov 1, 2022 2:46 PM in response to Pardon__Me

Hello Pardon__Me,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand Screen Time limits for apps on your children devices aren't working quite as you expected. We'd like to gather some details to better understand what isn't working, so we can develop a plan to help resolve the issue.

1. What app limits aren't specifically working on their devices?
  2. Are they able to request more time?
  3. Or are they able to access apps they shouldn't?
  4. Which device models do both you and your children have?
    1. Which OS versions are installed on each?
  5. Do you have any other Screen Time restrictions for their devices that are working?
  6. When you mention the limits are changing themselves, are they change to a different restriction amount or completely turning off?
  7. Has Screen Time ever worked as you set it up as?

We'll start with those details to help narrow down the underlying cause and formulate the best plan to troubleshoot. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care.

Nov 2, 2022 3:24 PM in response to Soosie_J215

Hi,

1 - What app limits aren't specifically working on their devices?

the limits work when I set them. The problem is that a couple of days latter they change randomly

2 - Are they able to request more time?

3 - Or are they able to access apps they shouldn't?

again, when the limits are set, everything is ok and yes, they are able to request more time as usual and are only able to access allowed apps

4 - Which device models do both you and your children have?

1. Which OS versions are installed on each?

iPhone SE (15.7.1) and iPhone SE 2020 (16.0.1)

5 - Do you have any other Screen Time restrictions for their devices that are working?

yes, some other restrictions are working and don’t appear to change randomly

6 - When you mention the limits are changing themselves, are they change to a different restriction amount or completely turning off?

both. For instance, I want to have restrictions on all Games and all social except messages. When I set it, all good but sometimes i check their usage of the phone and only games are selected…

7 - Has Screen Time ever worked as you set it up as?

yes.

Screen time limits change themselves

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.