You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring photo information between iPhone and iMac.

I have added extra information to photos on my iphone but when I import the photo to my iMac this information is not coming across. How can I get it to import with the photo? I generally use a cable for importing large numbers but also use airdrop.

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 10:40 PM

2 replies

Oct 31, 2022 1:08 AM in response to Bassett

The transfer via a USB cable is supposed to transfer the unmodified original, not the edited version. The caption is not embedded in the original, so it is not transferred.

The only easy way to transfer the edits from an iPhone or iPad losslessly, including the albums, caption, locations, adjusted dates is iCloud Photos Library. If you do not want to upload all photos from your Mac to iCloud, only download the photos from your iOS device, create a new, empty Photos library to use with iCloud. Once the photos have been downloaded from iCloud to this library, you can disable iCloud Photos again and import from this library to your main photos library.

Also AirDrop can be used to transfer the modified version with added metadata.

Captions entered in iPhone do not import … - Apple Community

Comment captions not showing in Mac Photos - Apple Community

Photos on SD card loose effects when open… - Apple Community

Where to put image information? - Apple Community

Transferring photo information between iPhone and iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.