You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working : Mac not showing on iPhone

I have an iPhone 12 iOS 14.6 with Wifi and Bluetooth enabled and "everyone" selected in AirDrop.

I have a Macbook pro M1 2020 iOS Monterey 12.5 on same wifi network, bluetooth enabled and "everyone" selected in AirDrop. Firewall is also turned off.

On the Mac I can see the iPhone in AirDrop, but I cannot see the Mac on the phone.

Why and how do I fix it ?!

I tried disabling and enabling everything possible, but to no avail - the Macbook simply does not want to show up on the iPhone...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 3:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 8:10 AM

Olin62 wrote:

I have an iPhone 12 iOS 14.6 with Wifi and Bluetooth enabled and "everyone" selected in AirDrop.

I have a Macbook pro M1 2020 iOS Monterey 12.5 on same wifi network, bluetooth enabled and "everyone" selected in AirDrop. Firewall is also turned off.

On the Mac I can see the iPhone in AirDrop, but I cannot see the Mac on the phone.

I tried disabling and enabling everything possible, but to no avail - the Macbook simply does not want to show up on the iPhone...

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 16.1

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support current stable release including bug fixes of your Monterey 12.6.1 (October 24, 2022)

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 31, 2022 8:10 AM in response to Olin62

Olin62 wrote:

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 16.1

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support current stable release including bug fixes of your Monterey 12.6.1 (October 24, 2022)

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Airdrop not working : Mac not showing on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.