You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage

I recently got my son an iPhone. It’s pay as you go so no data. Since I downloaded the new update I’m unable to send messages to my son. When he’s not on WIFI my iMessage would send as a text to his phone and vice versa. Now it doesn’t. If he will need data to communicate with me while he’s out then I will have to switch to something other then iPhone

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 8:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 9:04 PM

Aidenfirstborn Did:

"iMessage: I recently got my son an iPhone. It’s pay as you go so no data. Since I downloaded the new update I’m unable to send messages to my son[...]"

-------

Show this to your son...

Troubleshooting iMessage Activation:

A. Try Setting it Up Correctly:

Go Here: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Enable Messages in ScreenTime:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Allowed Apps
  4. Tap: Messages (So it is in "ALLOWED APPS")

C. Go Here: If you can’t Turn On or Sign In to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

No success?....

D. Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Messaging.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 31, 2022 9:04 PM in response to Aidenfirstborn

Aidenfirstborn Did:

"iMessage: I recently got my son an iPhone. It’s pay as you go so no data. Since I downloaded the new update I’m unable to send messages to my son[...]"

-------

Show this to your son...

Troubleshooting iMessage Activation:

A. Try Setting it Up Correctly:

Go Here: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Enable Messages in ScreenTime:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Allowed Apps
  4. Tap: Messages (So it is in "ALLOWED APPS")

C. Go Here: If you can’t Turn On or Sign In to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

No success?....

D. Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Messaging.

Oct 31, 2022 9:04 PM in response to Aidenfirstborn

Aidenfirstborn Did:

-------

Show this to your son...

Set Up Messages Once More:

A. iCloud Messages on iPhone: Set Up Messages On iPhone - Apple Support

B. iCloud Messages in Full: Set Up iCloud for Messages On All your Devices - Apple Support

C. Un-Restrict Messages: Manage Information Sharing with Safety Check On iPhone - Apple Support

iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.