You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drop down menu disappear before making selection

I have just upgraded by iMac and Macbook Pro to ios Ventura, since doing so when I create a new folder I am unable to name the folder before the system thinks I am done and does not allow any more characters, I need to right click, select rename before I can continue renaming my folder. I am also a user of lightroom, since his upgrade when clicking on drop down menus, I am unable to make a selection before the system closes the drop down menu. Whats happening?

Thanks

iMac

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 6:29 PM

1 reply

Nov 3, 2022 2:30 AM in response to Gbabe101

Gbabe101 wrote:

I have just upgraded by iMac and Macbook Pro to ios Ventura, since doing so when I create a new folder I am unable to name the folder before the system thinks I am done and does not allow any more characters, I need to right click, select rename before I can continue renaming my folder. I am also a user of lightroom, since his upgrade when clicking on drop down menus, I am unable to make a selection before the system closes the drop down menu. Whats happening?

Thanks

Have you shutdown and restarted more than once since you upgraded your macOS...(?)

if no insight or resolve try a —SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Drop down menu disappear before making selection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.