You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing apps layout on the Home Screen from iPhone to

Is there a way to have apps laid out on the iPhone and have them sync to an iPad so they're basically the same display, same apps in the same place?

I haven't got my iPad yet, but using someone else's. Just getting ready.

Thanks very much.

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 10:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 11:13 AM

Thanks. They have the same number of rows but an extra column, at least on the one I'm using. It still would be nice if there was a semblance of similarity. I wouldn't mind losing a column to have the devices the same. Moving around on these devices is so much based on muscle memory.

Thanks again.

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 2, 2022 11:20 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

The best that you can realistically achieve is to have multiple Home Screens on each device - restricting the number of App/App-folder icons on each page to the lowest common denominator. For each screen, arrange the icons to best mirror the two devices - accepting that complete mirroring of layout is not possible.

As such, each Home Screen can effectively have the same combination of Apps/App-folders.

Syncing apps layout on the Home Screen from iPhone to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.