You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4 questions about numbers

1. Are there any faster method to put todays date into a cell other than typing on mac?
  2. How can I make a sum with text in the cell? (Text before and also after the sum)
  3. Are there any method to divide a number by 2 (or cut in half) in a cell? For example I want to make 3 to 1,5
  4. Are there any method to write one smaller number next to the other? For example if I write 4,45 I want to see 3,45 automatically in the cell next to the cell which contains 4,45

Thanks for any help!

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 6:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 7:17 PM

1. Use the keyboard shortcut for the menu item Table->Insert Current Date. I set mine to Shift Command D. I forget what it was originally.
  2. The formula would be of the form ="The total is "&SUM(B2:B24)&" Units"
  3. I think in Excel you can do something like that to selected cell(s). In Numbers it requires doing the math in another column then using Copy followed by Paste Formula Results to get the results back to the original column (assuming it is a column of values you want to do this to).
  4. If cell B2 has the value 4,45 and cell C2 has the formula =B2-1 , the formula result in B2 will be 3,45

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2022 7:17 PM in response to barnabasfuto

1. Use the keyboard shortcut for the menu item Table->Insert Current Date. I set mine to Shift Command D. I forget what it was originally.
  2. The formula would be of the form ="The total is "&SUM(B2:B24)&" Units"
  3. I think in Excel you can do something like that to selected cell(s). In Numbers it requires doing the math in another column then using Copy followed by Paste Formula Results to get the results back to the original column (assuming it is a column of values you want to do this to).
  4. If cell B2 has the value 4,45 and cell C2 has the formula =B2-1 , the formula result in B2 will be 3,45

4 questions about numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.