You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i changed my phone number

i changed my phone number cant do verification

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 6:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 11:34 PM

Hi DRay210,

Welcome to the Apple Community

Re: i changed my phone number cant do verification

If you have another trusted device listed in your Apple ID account,:

you can likely get a verification code from that device to complete sign in

.. once signed in, you would be able to add the new phone number before deleting the old phone number.

If needed:

How to: Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in – Apple Support

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later, 

or Mac with OS X El Capitan or later that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication.

It’s a device we know is yours and that can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in on a different device or browser.

Online AppleID account: Apple ID Log-in 

https://appleid.apple.com

How to: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID – Apple Support

if needed: scroll to "Update your trusted phone number on your Apple ID account page" in the above article.

NB: You may need to add the new phone number before you can delete the old phone number.

If you do not have a trusted device to help you access your account, and change your phone number.

Above article also says:

Update your trusted phone number through account recovery

1. Go to appleid.apple.com/au.
    2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
    3. Select “Didn’t get a verification code?”, then select More Options.
    4. You'll be redirected to iforgot.apple.com/au
    5. Complete your account recovery request. Learn more about account recovery

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2022 11:34 PM in response to DRay210

Hi DRay210,

Welcome to the Apple Community

Re: i changed my phone number cant do verification

If you have another trusted device listed in your Apple ID account,:

you can likely get a verification code from that device to complete sign in

.. once signed in, you would be able to add the new phone number before deleting the old phone number.

If needed:

How to: Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in – Apple Support

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later, 

or Mac with OS X El Capitan or later that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication.

It’s a device we know is yours and that can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in on a different device or browser.

Online AppleID account: Apple ID Log-in 

https://appleid.apple.com

How to: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID – Apple Support

if needed: scroll to "Update your trusted phone number on your Apple ID account page" in the above article.

NB: You may need to add the new phone number before you can delete the old phone number.

If you do not have a trusted device to help you access your account, and change your phone number.

Above article also says:

Update your trusted phone number through account recovery

1. Go to appleid.apple.com/au.
    2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
    3. Select “Didn’t get a verification code?”, then select More Options.
    4. You'll be redirected to iforgot.apple.com/au
    5. Complete your account recovery request. Learn more about account recovery

All the best :-)

i changed my phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.