You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in iCloud

Where can I see my old & previous photos. Certain photos even missing from my holiday photos.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 12:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 8:59 AM

Yes, iCloud Photos does not store or back up photos that have been removed from other connected devices. All changes are reflected on all devices that are connected to this iCloud account.

The feature "iCloud Drive" within iCloud would be a way to store data in iCloud.

Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

11 replies

Nov 3, 2022 4:18 AM in response to shadz4994

Sorry, but if the photos are not part of the "Recently Deleted" folder, or some other album, the photos got somehow deleted or damaged in another way. And it's hard to find a reason for that after such a long period of time.

Any chance you also created backup on your computer after you returned from your holidays?

This backup might contain those missing photos, but you'll have to restore from the whole backup, since parts of the data can't be extracted.

Before you start, make sure to have at least your current photos saved to an external HD, just to be sure.

Here's how to do that:

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Nov 3, 2022 8:27 AM in response to Ingo2711

I’m very sure I didn’t deleted those photos bcoz it’s quite a number.. all the while I thought it will be kept in the iCloud storage. I didn’t know that the iCloud photo storage is same as my iPhone photo storage. Then what the point for me to subscribe the monthly iCloud. Before this i iPhone storage can saved more than 14,000 photo. Now my iPhone photo album only around 7000 photos

Photos in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.