You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16.1 don't show notifications

Yesterday evening my iPhone 11 pro with iOS 16.1 stop receiving any app notifications. After iOS 16.1 updates all worked correctly but yesterday iPhone just stopped showing notifications. Rebooting and changing notifications settings didn't help.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 2:50 AM

9 replies

Nov 4, 2022 4:58 PM in response to dmystp

Hello dmystp,

To start, you'd want to provide more specific details on what type of notifications you're talking about. Do you mean notifications in the Notification Center? Are you talking about badges (red dots on the app icon)? Are you talking about sounds/vibrations?

Depending on the type of notification you're trying to receive, you'll want to make sure you have that notification type enabled for the application.

Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad

In Settings > Notifications > Scheduled Summary, you'll also want to make sure you don't have the notifications scheduled to only come in at a certain time.

Aside from that, you'll want to check Settings > Focus to make sure you currently don't have Do Not Disturb or a Focus turned on.

Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad

If everything is set up properly for the notifications you're trying to receive and they're still not coming in, then you'd want to contact Apple to report that issue: Get Support

Cheers!

Nov 12, 2022 4:19 PM in response to dmystp

Hey dmystp,

We've released new software since we last posted here and would suggest backing up your iPhone and getting fully updated to iOS 16.1.1 and testing things out a bit further.

For help with doing so, review these steps:

Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly
1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.

The Settings app on iPhone showing options to update to iOS 15.7 or iOS 16.

5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

All this and more is outlined in more detail here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

Nov 12, 2022 1:08 PM in response to Jaym_8

Hello. I mean all of this. No sounds, no badges. If I have a message in Instagram for example to know about it I must open the app. Same with emails in Spark, messages in Telegram, and authentication apps. The only workaround I found is to reinstall the app. But it is problematic to reinstall authentication apps with corporate accounts.

Nov 14, 2022 10:04 AM in response to dmystp

Same here. I’m getting IG, Calendar, Google Home and text messages but nothing else. I’ve checked all my notification settings, I do not have focus on and do not use it. My phone isn’t in airplane mode, I’ve checked everything I can.

I was locked out of all my corporate accounts this morning because I wasn’t getting the notifications we use for MFA on our VPN. I’ve missed important emails, Teams notifications and when receiving a phone call from someone in my contacts, it displayed the number and not the name.

Nov 14, 2022 10:24 PM in response to SECinCLT

I too am having this issue since upgrading to iOS 16.1.1. I have missed emails (including work-via gmail), signal messages and other app notifications. I am receiving text messages and phone calls. I keep checking for an update to the update and nothing as yet. I too have not got my phone on airplane or focus. I have restarted my phone several times. I am using iPhone 11. Surely we are not alone in this?

iOS 16.1 don't show notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.