You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max suddenly won’t let me scroll through my photos- the only way I can see them is via the camera

How can I fix this

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 8:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 10:25 AM

Hello Hi-de-hi,

If you haven't already, quit the Photos app and restart your iPhone to see if fresh connections help to resolve this:

1. Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Just in case, here's great information on viewing photos on your iPhone: View photos in the Photos app on iPhone - Apple Support

If the behavior continues, let us know more to continue narrowing this down:

• Since menu options can vary, which software version shows in Settings > General > About?
  • What happens exactly when trying to use the Photos app? Is it completely unresponsive, do you not see expected photos, or something else?

Keep us posted.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 5, 2022 10:25 AM in response to Hi-de-hi

Hello Hi-de-hi,

If you haven't already, quit the Photos app and restart your iPhone to see if fresh connections help to resolve this:

1. Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Just in case, here's great information on viewing photos on your iPhone: View photos in the Photos app on iPhone - Apple Support

If the behavior continues, let us know more to continue narrowing this down:

• Since menu options can vary, which software version shows in Settings > General > About?
  • What happens exactly when trying to use the Photos app? Is it completely unresponsive, do you not see expected photos, or something else?

Keep us posted.

Take care!

My iPhone 12 Pro Max suddenly won’t let me scroll through my photos- the only way I can see them is via the camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.