You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 14: green dots bars on pictures when there is a bulb or light behind

Hi,

Its been observed that green dots or a green bars appears in photos and videos which is really annoying.. some time they appear on people face also.. I never had this issue in my previous samsung galaxy phone.. literally i took thousands of pictures never experienced this even a single time..

now with this iPhone if we take pictures in a room with lights on the reflections of the light source appear on image… worst experience.. how to get rid if this dots.. if its round light then a dot appear if its a tube a green bar appears covering people faces in image.. this is not at all acceptable..

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 2:37 AM

4 replies

Nov 6, 2022 9:06 AM in response to Kiran-YK

Hi Kiran-YK,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some questions regarding your iPhone camera. We're happy to share some information to help. The behavior you're describing is lens flare, and is common when taking a photo of a light sources. You can try to minimize this by use the correct camera mode for your situation. See more on that here: Use camera modes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks.

Nov 7, 2022 6:08 AM in response to Kiran-YK

Kiran-YK wrote:

I have never experienced this any of my previous phones.. almost all photos got these dots on subject faces when ever there is sun or any light in room.. You are simply saying it is common in phones, I have used android flagship phones took thousands of pictures … not even a single time I found this.. Didn’t know this earlier. wouldn't have bought apple phone at all.

silly explanation by apple, while sharing pictures shall I mention at bottom - to tell everyone, that dots on my face is not a scar on body it is a flare…

It’s silly that EVERY CAMERA EVER MADE can experience lens flare if there are light sources in the image? Here’s proof. Every image in this link shows lens flare, from smartphones from every manufacturer, INCLUDING ANDROID PHONES, all the way up to $50,000 professional cameras→iPhone Camera Lens Flare and Reflections - Apple Community. Your phone is not an exception, it is standard for any camera.

Nov 6, 2022 7:27 PM in response to Stevi_S

I have never experienced this any of my previous phones.. almost all photos got these dots on subject faces when ever there is sun or any light in room.. You are simply saying it is common in phones, I have used android flagship phones took thousands of pictures … not even a single time I found this.. Didn’t know this earlier. wouldn't have bought apple phone at all.

silly explanation by apple, while sharing pictures shall I mention at bottom - to tell everyone, that dots on my face is not a scar on body it is a flare…

Iphone 14: green dots bars on pictures when there is a bulb or light behind

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.