You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help. I gave away an old iPhone, I just removed it from my account. The new owner continues to get the message it is associated with my apple account. They are asking for my Apple ID and original password used when setting up the account.

I need help. I gave away an old iPhone, I just removed it from my account. The new owner continues to get the message it is associated with my apple account. They are asking for my Apple ID and original password used when setting up the account.

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 11:25 AM

This is what you should have done→What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You can still do it now.

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.