You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem is can’t install app after come out family sharing

I used install procreate by family sharing, then i come out of app and family sharing

now my problem is I can’t update and install app under my account 😭

what should i do , please answer me .

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 4:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 5:52 AM

Hi Karifa97,

If by "come out of app and family sharing" you mean that you left the Family Sharing group or stopped sharing app purchases, what you're experiencing is expected. While a member of Family Sharing you are able to install apps purchased by others in the group if App Sharing is enabled per How to download apps and content that your family members purchased.

However if you Leave Family Sharing the elements listed under "What happens when you stop sharing?" apply including:

Any content that your family shared with you isn't automatically removed from your device. You can purchase it again or remove it to free up space on your device. If you downloaded an app from a family member’s purchase history and made in-app purchases, you'll need to purchase the app yourself to access your in-app purchases.

To repurchase that app you'll need to first remove it from your device and then purchase or download it from the App Store using your own Apple ID.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 8, 2022 5:52 AM in response to Karifa97

Hi Karifa97,

If by "come out of app and family sharing" you mean that you left the Family Sharing group or stopped sharing app purchases, what you're experiencing is expected. While a member of Family Sharing you are able to install apps purchased by others in the group if App Sharing is enabled per How to download apps and content that your family members purchased.

However if you Leave Family Sharing the elements listed under "What happens when you stop sharing?" apply including:

Any content that your family shared with you isn't automatically removed from your device. You can purchase it again or remove it to free up space on your device. If you downloaded an app from a family member’s purchase history and made in-app purchases, you'll need to purchase the app yourself to access your in-app purchases.

To repurchase that app you'll need to first remove it from your device and then purchase or download it from the App Store using your own Apple ID.

Regards.

problem is can’t install app after come out family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.