You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Liquid Damage

Hey everyone, I gave my iPhone 12 Pro to Apple for battery replacement as it was draining pretty fast. Apple promises water resistance would still be the same as it was before. As promised they should be resealing the iPhone after the battery replacement is done. In my case they didn’t seal the phone properly and now my phone has liquid damage and it keeps acting up. This is apples fault and I should be demanding for a replacement iPhone or repair.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 5:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 1:03 PM

Mukund_ wrote:

That means the phone still has a IP68 rating. IP68 means the phone can complete a submersion below 1 meter and more than 30 minutes.

That statement is completely false, whether it's been repaired or is new out of the box. Those figures are for laboratory testing under controlled conditions. They do NOT translate to real world performance. NOTHING with a WR rating of less than 50 meters should EVER be submerged.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2022 1:03 PM in response to Mukund_

Mukund_ wrote:

That means the phone still has a IP68 rating. IP68 means the phone can complete a submersion below 1 meter and more than 30 minutes.

That statement is completely false, whether it's been repaired or is new out of the box. Those figures are for laboratory testing under controlled conditions. They do NOT translate to real world performance. NOTHING with a WR rating of less than 50 meters should EVER be submerged.

Nov 7, 2022 12:08 PM in response to KiltedTim

I agree with you regarding that the phone isn’t water proof and it’s water resistance. But if the seal is not done properly and if it’s not intact there will be water damage no matter how less water u put on the phone. Apple promises watery resistance should be same as the phone was given before the battery replacement. That means the phone still has a IP68 rating. IP68 means the phone can complete a submersion below 1 meter and more than 30 minutes. I never submerged my phone once also after the battery replacement. I strongly believe that Apple is at fault here and will be demanding a replacement.

Liquid Damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.