You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time to move Desktop and Documents from my Mac to iCloud?

Hello!

I just recently started to move Desktop and Documents from my Mac to iCloud? Seems to take forever… Any idea how long it takes in average with a decent connection?

thanks,

iMac

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 4:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 9:07 AM

When iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box is turned as on Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support the files and iCloud data saved in desktops and documents syncs with iCloud , there is no calculation for time , it all depends upon the size of data to be synced , high network speed is essential .

See the articles Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Show or hide filename extensions on Mac - Apple

When you rename a file or folder, don’t change its filename extension, or you may no longer be able to open the file with the app that was used to create it. To be warned before you change an extension, select “Show warning before changing an extension” in the Advanced pane of Finder settings.

If you want to change a file’s format, use the app you used to create the file. For example, TextEdit can convert a document from plain text format (.txt) to a rich text format (.rtf), and Preview can convert many types of graphics files.

Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2022 9:07 AM in response to Massimiliano5

When iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box is turned as on Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support the files and iCloud data saved in desktops and documents syncs with iCloud , there is no calculation for time , it all depends upon the size of data to be synced , high network speed is essential .

See the articles Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Show or hide filename extensions on Mac - Apple

When you rename a file or folder, don’t change its filename extension, or you may no longer be able to open the file with the app that was used to create it. To be warned before you change an extension, select “Show warning before changing an extension” in the Advanced pane of Finder settings.

If you want to change a file’s format, use the app you used to create the file. For example, TextEdit can convert a document from plain text format (.txt) to a rich text format (.rtf), and Preview can convert many types of graphics files.

Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support

Time to move Desktop and Documents from my Mac to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.