You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to back up my I phone 12, the msg says I do not have enough space

Im not able to back up my i phone 12 due to lack of space, what can I do? & how?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 1:01 PM

If you're backing up to iCloud, then you would need to purchase more storage on your iCloud account. If you're not able to do that, then using the lightning cable, connect it to a computer and back up physically that way. Just know that if you backup on your computer and need to restore it, you will need that same computer/hard drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2022 1:01 PM in response to Shelleyshelley

If you're backing up to iCloud, then you would need to purchase more storage on your iCloud account. If you're not able to do that, then using the lightning cable, connect it to a computer and back up physically that way. Just know that if you backup on your computer and need to restore it, you will need that same computer/hard drive.

I am not able to back up my I phone 12, the msg says I do not have enough space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.