You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Monterey and Brother printer

Is there a chance that I can use my Brother printer DCP-9015CDWE to my MacBook Pro 13, macOS Monterey version 12.6, and how do I manage this?

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 2:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 5:44 PM

Hi,

The Brother DCP-9015CDWE is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

If there is a problem with device discovery in connection with AirPrint, the following power-cycle procedure (in this order, with these waiting times) can be tested: Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2022 5:44 PM in response to MacOS_Monterey_12_6

Hi,

The Brother DCP-9015CDWE is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

If there is a problem with device discovery in connection with AirPrint, the following power-cycle procedure (in this order, with these waiting times) can be tested: Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

macOS Monterey and Brother printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.