You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2010) OS Upgrade?

I have a iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2010) running 10.11.6 El Capitan. Trying to find out what the latest version OS that would work well on my system? Appreciate your help!

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 2:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 3:37 PM

VJS wrote:

Appreciate your replay. Could that slow down my machine or cause problems as I read it might? Would I be safer just going to Sierra? Thanks.

macOS High Sierra shouldn't create any problems, including system performance issues. However, you should create a Time Machine backup, so you can revert if necessary.

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Jack

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 8, 2022 3:37 PM in response to VJS

VJS wrote:

Appreciate your replay. Could that slow down my machine or cause problems as I read it might? Would I be safer just going to Sierra? Thanks.

macOS High Sierra shouldn't create any problems, including system performance issues. However, you should create a Time Machine backup, so you can revert if necessary.

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Jack

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2010) OS Upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.