You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura and DNS

After installing Ventura on my MacBook Pro, I cant delete a DNS server in setting. I chose System Settings -> Network -> WiFi -> Details -> DNS.

If try to select a DNS entry and press "-" it does not work and its greyed out.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 12:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 6:50 AM

Tinyvaldemar wrote:

After installing Ventura on my MacBook Pro, I cant delete a DNS server in setting. I chose System Settings -> Network -> WiFi -> Details -> DNS.

Any suggestions?

Are you logged into your/ a admin account, not a standard user account...?

Can you highlight and select before you use the +/- ?

ref

Change DNS settings on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 10, 2022 6:50 AM in response to Tinyvaldemar

Tinyvaldemar wrote:

Any suggestions?

Are you logged into your/ a admin account, not a standard user account...?

Can you highlight and select before you use the +/- ?

ref

Change DNS settings on Mac - Apple Support

Nov 10, 2022 7:15 AM in response to Tinyvaldemar

Tinyvaldemar wrote:

I am logged in with my Admin account. I can add a DNS server but I cant highlight one and select "-"

I would try from a safeboot, login and compare your results—

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

reboot as normal to leave Safeboot.

I would file a bug report w/ Apple Feedback here :  hhttp://www.apple.com/feedback

I will add—

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, is macOS Ventura 13.0.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/get-macos-updates-mchlpx1065/mac

Nov 10, 2022 8:05 AM in response to Tinyvaldemar

Tinyvaldemar wrote:

Thanks for the help!

I hate to do this, but I must confess that I am an idiot. What i think I am seeing, is a grey list of former DNS servers that has been in use. If i select "+" and add another DNS server, only the newly added one shows in the list. I can remove that server and when i do, the old grey list returns. I might defend myself by saying that it is confusing to see a list of IP addresses under DNS -servers that are not in use.

Thanks for the follow up Tinyvaldemar ,

you can use the same link to submit your feedback concerning the interface.

Apple Feedback here:  hhttp://www.apple.com/feedback

Nov 10, 2022 7:30 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for the help!

I hate to do this, but I must confess that I am an idiot. What i think I am seeing, is a grey list of former DNS servers that has been in use. If i select "+" and add another DNS server, only the newly added one shows in the list. I can remove that server and when i do, the old grey list returns. I might defend myself by saying that it is confusing to see a list of IP addresses under DNS -servers that are not in use.

Ventura and DNS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.