You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable AirTag

Hi I got a notification about an AirTag . But I do not own any and it says it’s tracking me . How do I disable it ?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 4:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 4:52 AM

Apple has a support document which discusses this event. It shows you how you might be able to locate the AirTag.

What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

About half way down this page is the paragraph

Find the unknown AirTag, AirPods, or Find My network accessory

If you get an alert that an AirTag, AirPods, or another Find My network accessory is traveling with you, follow these steps to find it. First, check on the Find My app if you're able to play a sound on the unknown accessory:

1. Tap the alert.
  2. Tap Continue and then tap Play Sound.
  3. Listen for the sound. You can play it again if you need more time to find the item.

Below this text are instructions on how to disable an unwanted tracking AirTag. See the paragraph titled: Get information about or disable an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 10, 2022 4:52 AM in response to MarshmelloGal12

Apple has a support document which discusses this event. It shows you how you might be able to locate the AirTag.

What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

About half way down this page is the paragraph

Find the unknown AirTag, AirPods, or Find My network accessory

If you get an alert that an AirTag, AirPods, or another Find My network accessory is traveling with you, follow these steps to find it. First, check on the Find My app if you're able to play a sound on the unknown accessory:

1. Tap the alert.
  2. Tap Continue and then tap Play Sound.
  3. Listen for the sound. You can play it again if you need more time to find the item.

Below this text are instructions on how to disable an unwanted tracking AirTag. See the paragraph titled: Get information about or disable an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods

How to disable AirTag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.