You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

finder keeps switching desktops/spaces

Hi, I am going absolutely mad trying to fix this. Since upgrading to Ventura anytime I use finder and then switch to another desktop/space it automatically moves finder over to that desktop space. Often times putting it behind other applications so when i switch back to where it should be I have to go searching for it. I didn't realize such a small thing could send me into fits of rage.

I have tried all configurations of the options in Mission Control with no luck. Please help before I lose it and all faith in macos. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 7:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 7:49 AM

This is easy to fix, and not something new in Ventura...

If you don't want Finder in all Spaces, just say so: click and hold the Finder icon in the Dock and choose what you want in Options->Assign To. If you just want it in the current Desktop/Space and not in all of them, choose "Desktop On Display 1".

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 10, 2022 7:49 AM in response to Joseph_Photo

This is easy to fix, and not something new in Ventura...

If you don't want Finder in all Spaces, just say so: click and hold the Finder icon in the Dock and choose what you want in Options->Assign To. If you just want it in the current Desktop/Space and not in all of them, choose "Desktop On Display 1".

finder keeps switching desktops/spaces

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.