You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unhide selected columns in numbers..not all the columns just the one or two next to the shown columns. I dont want to open them all.

How to unhide selected columns in numbers..not all the columns just the one or two next to the shown columns. I dont want to open them all.

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 3:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 7:07 AM

The crux of the problem is there is no way to "select" the columns to unhide so it is not possible to unhide the "selected" columns.

Yellowbox's suggestion is to transpose the table so the columns become rows. You can use filters (and maybe a formula if necessary) to selectively hide/unhide rows. One way to hide/unhide selected rows would be to insert a new column that contains the row numbers then you can use a quick filter to turn on/off rows. There are other ways as well, all relying on filters.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2022 7:07 AM in response to bostonhome1

The crux of the problem is there is no way to "select" the columns to unhide so it is not possible to unhide the "selected" columns.

Yellowbox's suggestion is to transpose the table so the columns become rows. You can use filters (and maybe a formula if necessary) to selectively hide/unhide rows. One way to hide/unhide selected rows would be to insert a new column that contains the row numbers then you can use a quick filter to turn on/off rows. There are other ways as well, all relying on filters.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.