You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple maps - wrong default home address

My daughter's address in another state keeps coming up as my default home address. My contact page is correct. Can't find a way to edit home address on app.

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 1:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 3:23 PM

Hello janecycler,

In the Maps app , you can save places—such as your home, your work, and where you go for coffee—to your favorites list. You can quickly find your favorites on the search card.

A search card with several favorites shown at the top of the card.

Tip: To make Home and Work automatically appear as favorites, add your work and home addresses to My Card in Contacts.

If your Home address isn't appearing correctly, and you need to edit it, this link will guide you through how to do that, and may help: Save favorite places in Maps on iPhone

Edit a favorite

1. On the search card, tap More above the row of favorites.
2. Tap the Settings button next to the favorite.
3. Depending on the location, you may be able to make the following changes:

• Rename the favorite: Double-tap the Label field, then enter a new name.
• Change the address: Tap Contact Card, then make your changes.
• Delete the location from your favorites list: Tap Remove Favorite.
• Tell someone your ETA: Tap Add Person, then choose one or more suggested contacts, or search for a contact. Whenever you start turn-by-turn navigation to this location, the person automatically receives a notification about your estimated time of arrival (ETA). See Share your estimated time of arrival (ETA).
4. Tap Done.

Thanks!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2022 3:23 PM in response to janecycler

Hello janecycler,

In the Maps app , you can save places—such as your home, your work, and where you go for coffee—to your favorites list. You can quickly find your favorites on the search card.

A search card with several favorites shown at the top of the card.

Tip: To make Home and Work automatically appear as favorites, add your work and home addresses to My Card in Contacts.

If your Home address isn't appearing correctly, and you need to edit it, this link will guide you through how to do that, and may help: Save favorite places in Maps on iPhone

Edit a favorite

1. On the search card, tap More above the row of favorites.
2. Tap the Settings button next to the favorite.
3. Depending on the location, you may be able to make the following changes:

• Rename the favorite: Double-tap the Label field, then enter a new name.
• Change the address: Tap Contact Card, then make your changes.
• Delete the location from your favorites list: Tap Remove Favorite.
• Tell someone your ETA: Tap Add Person, then choose one or more suggested contacts, or search for a contact. Whenever you start turn-by-turn navigation to this location, the person automatically receives a notification about your estimated time of arrival (ETA). See Share your estimated time of arrival (ETA).
4. Tap Done.

Thanks!

apple maps - wrong default home address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.