You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to copy and paste a whole sheet

I want to extract one sheet from a multiple of sheets in one document to send it by email? I just want to send one sheet although my document has 12 sheets?

When I copy and paste the sheet into a new document it changes the width and the height of columns and rows, it doesn't retain the basic shapes, even though I ask to keep and match the style.

thanks

iMac 21.5″

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 4:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 6:29 AM

I have not seen that problem. It works correctly here. I am thinking you are pasting into a table in the new document. Paste and Match Style does not copy/paste cell sizes and borders.

To copy an entire sheet to a new document:

1. Click on the disclosure triangle on the sheet tab and Copy Sheet
  2. Create a new document
  3. Click on the disclosure triangle on the default Sheet 1 tab and Paste Sheet
  4. Click on the disclosure triangle on the Sheet 1 tab and Delete (unless you want to keep it)

To copy selected tables and other objects from a sheet to a new document

1. Select the items to copy
  2. Copy
  3. Create a new document
  4. Delete the default table (unless you want to keep it)
  5. Paste onto the empty sheet (or a blank spot on the sheet if you kept the default table)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2022 6:29 AM in response to dorota1698

I have not seen that problem. It works correctly here. I am thinking you are pasting into a table in the new document. Paste and Match Style does not copy/paste cell sizes and borders.

To copy an entire sheet to a new document:

1. Click on the disclosure triangle on the sheet tab and Copy Sheet
  2. Create a new document
  3. Click on the disclosure triangle on the default Sheet 1 tab and Paste Sheet
  4. Click on the disclosure triangle on the Sheet 1 tab and Delete (unless you want to keep it)

To copy selected tables and other objects from a sheet to a new document

1. Select the items to copy
  2. Copy
  3. Create a new document
  4. Delete the default table (unless you want to keep it)
  5. Paste onto the empty sheet (or a blank spot on the sheet if you kept the default table)

how to copy and paste a whole sheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.