You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air does not see Cannon laser Printer MF644CDW

Hi,

Has anyone found a fix for the Canon printer issue for Macbook M1 Air 13.0.1?

Canon color imageclass MF644Cdw.

I believe it has printed from this MacBook in the past.

When I use Apple Sys preferences to look for printer, nothing shows up.

I downloaded the drivers from Canon. Still, nothing shows up. I restarted the computer. Nothing shows up.

Anyone with success. Please let me know, thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 1:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 3:38 PM

Hi Jack-19,

Thanks for the quick response. I figured it out -

1. broken on/off switch - probably from over use! It’s a ritual to manually turn on printer to print by wifi.. So I have to open the front cover and push on the inside switch.
  2. Needed to download new drivers from Canon.
  3. I find that unplugging, waiting 5 minutes per Canon, then plugging it back in will have it responding remotely appropriately for about a week.

The whole restart Mac, unplug printer, make a cup of coffee, plug printer back in, is a weekly ritual. The broken physical switch threw a spanner into it this time. Pass the message on!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2022 3:38 PM in response to Jack-19

Hi Jack-19,

Thanks for the quick response. I figured it out -

1. broken on/off switch - probably from over use! It’s a ritual to manually turn on printer to print by wifi.. So I have to open the front cover and push on the inside switch.
  2. Needed to download new drivers from Canon.
  3. I find that unplugging, waiting 5 minutes per Canon, then plugging it back in will have it responding remotely appropriately for about a week.

The whole restart Mac, unplug printer, make a cup of coffee, plug printer back in, is a weekly ritual. The broken physical switch threw a spanner into it this time. Pass the message on!

Macbook Air does not see Cannon laser Printer MF644CDW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.