You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this standard? Apple tv 4K > TV > TOS Optical Out > DAC > Analog Audio Cable > Mixer or Amplified Speakers

Is this standard?  Apple tv 4K > TV > TOS Optical Out > DAC > Analog Audio Cable > Mixer or Amplified Speakers

Is it a standard configuration for the apple tv 4k to be connected by hdmi to the tv and have the TV’s optical TOS output go into a DAC to convert to an analog home stereo?

And, if i send YouTube wirelessly using ApplePlay with this configuration, can there be audio sync issues?

THAAANKS!!! FOR ANY HELP!

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 3:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 4:46 PM

Is this standard?  Apple tv 4K > TV > TOS Optical Out > DAC > Analog Audio Cable > Mixer or Amplified Speakers

It should work. It should apply to a somewhat small group of users without digital audio systems.

If i send YouTube wirelessly using ApplePlay with this configuration, can there be audio sync issues?

AirPlay shouldn’t cause A/V sync issues with wired speakers. Audio is supposed to be processed fast enough for video sync anyway.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2022 4:46 PM in response to Don Spark

It should work. It should apply to a somewhat small group of users without digital audio systems.

If i send YouTube wirelessly using ApplePlay with this configuration, can there be audio sync issues?

AirPlay shouldn’t cause A/V sync issues with wired speakers. Audio is supposed to be processed fast enough for video sync anyway.

Is this standard? Apple tv 4K > TV > TOS Optical Out > DAC > Analog Audio Cable > Mixer or Amplified Speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.