You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari on iPad

I noticed a while back that sometimes windows in Safari will auto close. Yesterday I had about 12 windows open but today when I went to Safari there are only 5 active windows. I did not close the app and this only happens on iPad, not iPhone or desktop Mac. Did I miss a setting somewhere? Thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 4:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 4:57 PM

Yes, perhaps you have missed a setting…

Unless set to Never, your iPad will automatically close unused Safari tabs after one day, one week or one month:

Settings > Safari > [Tabs] Close Tabs - select as required

4 replies

Nov 12, 2022 4:22 PM in response to SassyMina

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

All of that additional info can, also, be found in the Settings app, General settings panel, About.

How many, potentially, background running apps, do you leave just sitting in the iOS/iPadOS app switcher?

Safari on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.