You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you HAVE to set up two HomePods as a stereo pair for Apple TV 4K?

Due to my home layout, it’s a lot easier for me to put two Homepods (as speakers for my Apple TV 4K) in pretty different spots, one in front of where I sit and one behind where I sit, not left and right of the tv like a stereo pairing dictates.

I’m still not totally clear about whether this is possible after reading the official Apple article.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 6:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 8:07 PM

Two HomePods or two HomePod Minis can work as a stereo pair if they are in the same 'room' in your Home app. They don't have to be a regulation distance apart or in a particular alignment.

However, will you find this a satisfactory experience of stereo? The usual expectation is that they are left and right to match the ears, not front and back.

See Set up a HomePod stereo pair for details.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2022 8:07 PM in response to Blahjaz

Two HomePods or two HomePod Minis can work as a stereo pair if they are in the same 'room' in your Home app. They don't have to be a regulation distance apart or in a particular alignment.

However, will you find this a satisfactory experience of stereo? The usual expectation is that they are left and right to match the ears, not front and back.

See Set up a HomePod stereo pair for details.

Do you HAVE to set up two HomePods as a stereo pair for Apple TV 4K?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.