You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone lock/erase

Hello, I lost my phone and without reading online ahead of time, I quickly went on Find my iPhone and erased the device but I probably should have marked it as lost first so it can lock the phone and secure it, since reading further, that the phone will not be erased until it is connected to WiFi. So this bring me to question what if someone who has it has my passcode and can access other personal items? Is there a way to go back and mark it lost to lock it???My two options currently on Find my iPhone is to “Cancel Erase” or “Remove This Device” which I don’t want to do the latter since I’m actually able to still see the location of it, which mean the phone is on. How do I know that the content has been erased???Thank you

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 11:27 PM

3 replies

Nov 12, 2022 11:55 PM in response to SravanKrA

The current status is “Erase Pending”

which I believe means It has not been connected to WiFi but if they have

my passcode, they can access my phone and get personal info. I don’t know how to proceed. If I “Cancel Erase” which is one of two option (the other being “Remove this device”), can I then go back in and “mark as lost” to lock the device and then go back in and “Erase this device”

help help help

TIA

Find my iPhone lock/erase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.