You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 Sleep Tracking

I currently own an Apple Watch Series 3 with WatchOS 8.7.1 and Apple iPhone SE 2020 running iOS 16.1.1. I have setup my sleep schedule on my iPhone in the Health app and also on my Watch and all things work like my Watch doesn’t light up when wrist is raised. Sleep Tracking toggle is turned on on my Watch. But for some reason my Watch doesn’t show up as a Data Source for sleep tracking in the Health app on my iPhone so I do not get data like REM stages and all. I do not have any other third party app installed for sleep tracking.

From the information that I have, I need to have at least an Apple Watch Series 3 with watchOS 8 or above. I have tried deleting the full schedule. I have tried factory resetting my Watch, also re-pairing it and reinstalling the Health app.

Apple Watch Series 3

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 11:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 2:32 PM

Hi, Vipul_H

Since it seems everything is already set up on your device, we'd recommend going through the steps outlined here and setting up the Sleep feature again: Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone - Apple Support

"Set up Sleep

Getting enough sleep is important to your overall health. The Health app on iPhone can help you set a sleep goal, and track your progress over time in meeting that goal.

An iPhone screen showing the Set up Sleep option  

1. Open the Health app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap Get Started under Set Up Sleep1, then tap Next.
  3. Follow the onscreen prompts to establish:
    • Sleep Goals: Set the number of hours you'd like to spend asleep.
    • Bedtime and Wake Up times: Set when you'd like to go to bed and wake up.
    • Sleep Focus: To reduce distractions, iPhone can simplify your Lock Screen and turn on Sleep Focus at your scheduled bedtime. You can also give certain people or apps permission to notify you. Learn how to customize a Focus.
    • Track Sleep with Apple Watch: Wear your watch to bed to track your sleep. This option is available during setup if you've paired your Apple Watch with your iPhone beforehand. If you pair your Apple Watch after setup, you can still turn on Track Sleep with Apple Watch later.

"

If you still have issues after that, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple directly to look into this with you further: Apple Support

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 14, 2022 2:32 PM in response to Vipul_H

Hi, Vipul_H

Since it seems everything is already set up on your device, we'd recommend going through the steps outlined here and setting up the Sleep feature again: Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone - Apple Support

"Set up Sleep

Getting enough sleep is important to your overall health. The Health app on iPhone can help you set a sleep goal, and track your progress over time in meeting that goal.

An iPhone screen showing the Set up Sleep option  

1. Open the Health app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap Get Started under Set Up Sleep1, then tap Next.
  3. Follow the onscreen prompts to establish:
    • Sleep Goals: Set the number of hours you'd like to spend asleep.
    • Bedtime and Wake Up times: Set when you'd like to go to bed and wake up.
    • Sleep Focus: To reduce distractions, iPhone can simplify your Lock Screen and turn on Sleep Focus at your scheduled bedtime. You can also give certain people or apps permission to notify you. Learn how to customize a Focus.
    • Track Sleep with Apple Watch: Wear your watch to bed to track your sleep. This option is available during setup if you've paired your Apple Watch with your iPhone beforehand. If you pair your Apple Watch after setup, you can still turn on Track Sleep with Apple Watch later.

"

If you still have issues after that, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple directly to look into this with you further: Apple Support

Cheers.

Apple Watch Series 3 Sleep Tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.