You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Contacts app is very slow on my MacBook Pro

Contacts is very slow in my MacBook Pro 13", both when entering new contacts and when scrolling through the list of existing contacts (over 4.500).

It only happens to me on the MacBook Pro 13", while on the iPhone and iPad it is very fast.

MY MacBook Pro 13" (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports; 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5 quad-core - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 - SSD 2 TB, free space 1,3 TB) is otherwise very fast. Forcing quit the Contacts app and then launching it again don't resolve the problem. Restarting my MacBook Pro 13" don't resolve the problem. I have read an article that in case of app problems, it is recommended to delete the Contacts app ".plist file", but I cannot find this file for the Contacts app. Can you help me?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 5:19 AM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2022 4:20 PM in response to MarRob

Hi, MarRob.

For this in particular, we'd recommend starting with basic troubleshooting for running slowly. Check out the content in this guide and check each setting on your Mac: If your Mac runs slowly

Afterwards, if you're still having issues related solely to your Contacts app, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple directly to look into this with you further: Get Support

Cheers.

The Contacts app is very slow on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.