You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find owner of lost earbuds

I found earbuds today and I would like to return to the owner. How can I find out who owned them?

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 12:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 12:45 PM

“Earbuds” is not an Apple term. Perhaps you mean “EarPods”. Perhaps you mean “AirPods”. Or perhaps you mean something else.

Some but not all Apple listening devices use Find My access (described in the article linked above your post) allowing the owner to track them. But regardless, there is no way for you to discover the owner.

Turn the device over to the authorities (or lost and found if applicable).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2022 12:45 PM in response to CL4386

“Earbuds” is not an Apple term. Perhaps you mean “EarPods”. Perhaps you mean “AirPods”. Or perhaps you mean something else.

Some but not all Apple listening devices use Find My access (described in the article linked above your post) allowing the owner to track them. But regardless, there is no way for you to discover the owner.

Turn the device over to the authorities (or lost and found if applicable).

How to find owner of lost earbuds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.