You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple family plan storage if different iClouds

If I am on a Family plan will my kids have access to the upgraded storage if they have separate icloud accounts

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 7:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 7:38 AM

Yes. That's the entire point of Family Sharing.

You can share things including iCloud storage with other family members that have different Apple IDs.

Make sure the accounts are being used for both iCloud and the iTunes & App Stores.

If you are sharing Apple IDs for any reason, you are defeating family sharing entirely.

Invite the iCloud accounts to the Family Sharing group so they can use the shared storage.

Click here for details: link-> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 14, 2022 7:38 AM in response to rrinaz480

Yes. That's the entire point of Family Sharing.

You can share things including iCloud storage with other family members that have different Apple IDs.

Make sure the accounts are being used for both iCloud and the iTunes & App Stores.

If you are sharing Apple IDs for any reason, you are defeating family sharing entirely.

Invite the iCloud accounts to the Family Sharing group so they can use the shared storage.

Click here for details: link-> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Nov 14, 2022 10:38 AM in response to Phil0124

Thank you, Phil! Your answer was very helpful, and a little sassy, which I respect. :)

What was confusing me is that it wasn't working after family members accepted the invitation, so I started to doubt whether the storage was shareable. It turns out that there is an additional step under "manage iCloud storage" that the family members have to do after accepting the share invitation. All good now!

Thanks again for your answer!

Apple family plan storage if different iClouds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.