You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring settings to new Apple TV using One Home Screen

Hi,

I've Apple TV 4K 2021 with tvOS 16.1, One Home Screen turned on in Settings.

I recently purchased the new Apple TV 4K 2022 and would like to sync/transfer all settings from old Apple TV to a new one. Can I reset the old Apple TV to factory defaults (to prepare it for sale) before plugging in the new Apple TV and syncing it with One Home Screen? Will the new Apple TV home screen and settings look exactly like on the old one?

Or I need to plug the new Apple TV in, turn it on, log in to my Apple ID and turn One Home Screen on before I reset the old Apple TV to factory defaults?

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 12:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 2:24 AM

One Home Screen is a setting on Apple TV which is part of your iCloud account. It synchronises your Apple TV settings between all your Apple TV devices (or at least the current models). Because it is an iCloud-dependent setting it is not controlled by your Apple TV.

It's simple to set up, as Apple describes in the Apple TV Users Guide chapter Customise the Apple TV Home Screen. I found this article on the web which has a clear and illustrative description of One Home Screen.

However, I would always recommend that you have your new hardware in place and working properly before you decommission the retiring piece of hardware - for which follow the instructions in What to do before you sell or give away your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 15, 2022 2:24 AM in response to michalb79

One Home Screen is a setting on Apple TV which is part of your iCloud account. It synchronises your Apple TV settings between all your Apple TV devices (or at least the current models). Because it is an iCloud-dependent setting it is not controlled by your Apple TV.

It's simple to set up, as Apple describes in the Apple TV Users Guide chapter Customise the Apple TV Home Screen. I found this article on the web which has a clear and illustrative description of One Home Screen.

However, I would always recommend that you have your new hardware in place and working properly before you decommission the retiring piece of hardware - for which follow the instructions in What to do before you sell or give away your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD - Apple Support

Transferring settings to new Apple TV using One Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.