You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar search

I have a new MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) with the Apple M1 Pro chip Running mac OS 12.6.1 (21G217) Monterey. My calendar (Version 11.0) will not search for any events. My old MBP (running Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1) will still search for events which leads me to believe the problem is with the M1 chip. Any ideas? I have no other calendars linked to my default apple calendar.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 4:36 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 18, 2022 11:08 AM in response to Alice Hathcoat

Hello Alice Hathcoat,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're unable to locate calendar events when you search in the app using your MacBook Pro, right?

If we have that correct, can you confirm if the events are stored locally or via a specific calendar account? We understand you mentioned you don't have another calendar linked, but determining where these are stored could help with what's occurring. If you see that you need to adjust the access to your calendars on your Mac, check out the following steps. Additional information can be located here: Control access to your calendars on Mac - Apple Support

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Privacy & Security  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)

2. Click Calendars.

3. Turn access to your calendars on or off for each app in the list.

If you turn off access for an app, you’re asked to turn it on again the next time that app tries to use your information.

In addition, let us know if adding an event in the calendar app allows it to be found via a search as opposed to syncing an event from an email. For assistance with adding a calendar event to test this, take a look here: Add, modify, or delete events in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know what you find, and clarify where the events are stored and added from. That may help to provide a better understanding for us to work with.

Take care!

Calendar search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.