You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to download Catalina!

I don't have Software Update on my iMac running High Sierra which makes it impossible to upgrade!

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 2:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 3:03 PM

The year of your iMac determines whether you can install Catalina.

If your iMac qualifies from this hardware list : macOS Catalina - Technical Specifications then you can get the full Catalina installer from: How to download macOS - Apple Support

Catalina does not support any 32-bit applications, printer, or scanner drives and you need to be aware of these using the free Go64 application before you upgrade. Check with your third-party vendors for applications and driver support on macOS 10.15.7 before you upgrade. Perform a last Time Machine backup before you upgrade, and do not use that drive as a first backup destination for Catalina.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 16, 2022 3:03 PM in response to cherzart

The year of your iMac determines whether you can install Catalina.

If your iMac qualifies from this hardware list : macOS Catalina - Technical Specifications then you can get the full Catalina installer from: How to download macOS - Apple Support

Catalina does not support any 32-bit applications, printer, or scanner drives and you need to be aware of these using the free Go64 application before you upgrade. Check with your third-party vendors for applications and driver support on macOS 10.15.7 before you upgrade. Perform a last Time Machine backup before you upgrade, and do not use that drive as a first backup destination for Catalina.

I need to download Catalina!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.