You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac Mini won't sign in or connect to my Apple ID / iCloud

I was prompted by the system to sign out of my Apple ID on my Mac mini. I did so, and now my mac mini won't reconnect to iCloud/Apple id when I try sign in. I enter the email and password correctly into the Apple ID section in the System Preferences app and it just resets and does nothing. It does this when I try to sign in to the app store as well. I have an Ipad as well and that is signed in. But my Mac mini is my main machine and my notes for the last few years are no longer accessible as a result of this inability to connect/sign in. Please help!!!!!!

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 8:14 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 18, 2022 6:50 PM in response to David Anthony B

"My Mac Mini won't sign in or connect to my Apple ID / iCloud: Still, nothing. My information is correct when entered but this mac mini simply won't connect to iCloud. It's also the same for the App store app on this mac mini as well.[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

What pops up when you click: "Forgot Apple ID or password?" Without confirming any changes, see if you can get a prompt in that way.

Nov 17, 2022 7:38 AM in response to TheLittles

Still, nothing. My information is correct when entered but this mac mini simply won't connect to iCloud. It's also the same for the App store app on this mac mini as well. Apple Music is fine and my IPad is connected. It doesn't give any indications that something is wrong or any prompts. It just loads for a bit resets the window and doesn't connect. This is really frustrating!!!!

Nov 17, 2022 5:39 AM in response to David Anthony B

David Anthony B wrote:

I was prompted by the system to sign out of my Apple ID on my Mac mini.....

Perhaps some else could verify, but I do not no of any reason you would be requested by the system to sign out of your AppleID. Sounds a bit suspicious to me and you may have inadvertently installed malware that locked you out.

I have had Macs forever and since the inception of AppleID, I have never seen any system request to sign out. I have had numerous requests to sign in bu never sign out.

Nov 18, 2022 6:24 PM in response to David Anthony B

I kept getting a prompt that I would need to agree to terms and sign in to continue using iCloud but every time I agreed to the conditions, nothing changed and the dialog box would prompt me the next day.

Someone suggested I log out [bad idea!!!] and log back in and now I can't log into iCloud on the computer. I can use exactly the same password to log into the web portal, the app store... but not my computer.

My Mac Mini won't sign in or connect to my Apple ID / iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.