You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iphone?

My iPhone has been stolen and shows offline when I check with the My Find app, what does it mean? Either the device is off or not connected to any data. Is it possible for the thief to unlock my iPhone, I'm very concerned about my data?

Also should I have any hope to locate my phone if it turned on and not connected to the data ?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 8:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 8:31 AM

My iPhone has been stolen and shows offline when I check with the My Find app, what does it mean?

Assuming you previously enabled Find My on your phone, if the phone shows offline, the battery has run down or the phone does not have a connection to the Internet at its current location.

If you did not enable the Find My option on your phone, the phone will never appear on a map when you try to locate it, even if the battery is OK and the phone has a good Internet connection.

Is it possible for the thief to unlock my iPhone

No, assuming that you did set up a passcode on the phone.

Also should I have any hope to locate my phone if it turned on and not connected to the data ?

As we mentioned above, the phone would have to have had the Find My option enabled, a good battery charge or be connected to the power adapter......and.....the phone would need to have an Internet connection where it is located.

I'm sorry, but realistically the phone is gone. You need to protect yourself by following the steps in this Apple Support document:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 17, 2022 8:31 AM in response to SanaParveen

My iPhone has been stolen and shows offline when I check with the My Find app, what does it mean?

Assuming you previously enabled Find My on your phone, if the phone shows offline, the battery has run down or the phone does not have a connection to the Internet at its current location.

If you did not enable the Find My option on your phone, the phone will never appear on a map when you try to locate it, even if the battery is OK and the phone has a good Internet connection.

Is it possible for the thief to unlock my iPhone

No, assuming that you did set up a passcode on the phone.

As we mentioned above, the phone would have to have had the Find My option enabled, a good battery charge or be connected to the power adapter......and.....the phone would need to have an Internet connection where it is located.

I'm sorry, but realistically the phone is gone. You need to protect yourself by following the steps in this Apple Support document:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Stolen iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.