You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back Tap Take Video not saving

I just found out about Back Tap, and set it to take video. However, when the video is over the only options given are “Retake” and “Use video”. Retake lets me retake video, but Use Video appears to do nothing. The video is not saved anywhere. There does not bc appear to be any way to save the video. What is the purpose of being able to take video that cannot be saved?

Can you please make it so that video taken with Back Tap can be saved and viewed (eg in Photos)?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 5:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 2:38 AM

Kurt Beil wrote: "Ah, yes, it is a shortcut. Is there a way to save?"

Yes, I described it in my previous reply:

"Or, if Back Tap is set to a custom shortcut, after the Take video action, put a Save Video to Recents action, followed by a Show Saved Photo Media in Quick Look action."

And this time, here's a screenshot:

Shortcuts User Guide for iPhone and iPad

Shortcuts User Guide for Mac

õ¿õ¬

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2022 2:38 AM in response to Kurt Beil

Kurt Beil wrote: "Ah, yes, it is a shortcut. Is there a way to save?"

Yes, I described it in my previous reply:

"Or, if Back Tap is set to a custom shortcut, after the Take video action, put a Save Video to Recents action, followed by a Show Saved Photo Media in Quick Look action."

And this time, here's a screenshot:

Shortcuts User Guide for iPhone and iPad

Shortcuts User Guide for Mac

õ¿õ¬

Nov 18, 2022 5:29 PM in response to Kurt Beil

Kurt ~ If Back Tap is set to Camera, after you've taken the video, tap its thumbnail at lower left, then tap the Share icon at lower left, and choose Add to Album.

Or, if Back Tap is set to a custom shortcut, after the Take video action, put a Save Video to Recents action, followed by a Show Saved Photo Media in Quick Look action.

õ¿õ¬

Back Tap Take Video not saving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.