You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mail message has no content

Often I'm seeing email on my Mac that says message has no content. Email is fine on iPhone and iPad. If I rebuild mail, which takes a long time, sometimes those emails appear with content. Why does this keep happening. Thought I just needed a new MacBook but it's happening with my new one too.

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 7:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 8:13 AM

Thank you for responding. I tried these privacy disables. Didn't help. Closed Mail and started it again - no better. Closed Mail, restarted laptop, started Mail - no better. And the sample email that "had no content" wasn't one I was using hide my email. I don't use that feature much.

2 replies

Nov 20, 2022 7:46 AM in response to M. Kim G.

M. Kim G. wrote:

Often I'm seeing email on my Mac that says message has no content. Email is fine on iPhone and iPad. If I rebuild mail, which takes a long time, sometimes those emails appear with content. Why does this keep happening. Thought I just needed a new MacBook but it's happening with my new one too.

Mail issues—

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy disable:

• “Protect Mail Activity” /
  • “Hide IP address” /
  • “Block all remote content”

compare your results and report back

—Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

—if you are using Hide My email—try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

What is Hide My Email?

What is Hide My Email? - Apple Support

Apple mail message has no content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.