You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstall MacBook OS X Maverick without original Apple ID

Received an old MacBook from a friend and we have the reinstall disks but the system won’t recognize our new Apple ID (noted from a previous post that it works with the original user’s Apple ID). I don’t have access to that ID. When I enter mine (adding the verification code at the end of the password), I get a “This item is temporarily unavailable. Try again later”. Is there anyway to get around this or remove the original owner’s info from the MacBook so we can start from scratch?

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 7:01 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 22, 2022 11:06 AM in response to katherine202

Hello katherine202,

It sounds like this computer may not have been reformatted prior to your purchase. Did the previous owners take these steps: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Have you tried these steps using another Wi-Fi network? That would tell us if the issue is the network or possibly the account.

Let us know, take care.

Reinstall MacBook OS X Maverick without original Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.