You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LG UltraFine 4K Display listed on the Apple Ap store

Can I possibly use this The LG UltraFine 4K Display/ monitor with my Apple MacBook Pro manufactured early 2015? Thanks, (Mel)

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 10:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 10:40 AM

That display is listed as a 3840 by 2160 ThunderBolt-3 display, that can also be connected by USB-C 3.1 , and REQUIRES a ThunderBolt-3 or USB-C enabled Mac.

There is a US$50 ThunderBolt-3 <-> ThunderBolt-2 adapter available from Apple, but if you do not already own that display, I suggest finding a comparable display for less money that does not require a torturous and expensive adapter setup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2022 10:40 AM in response to meloter

That display is listed as a 3840 by 2160 ThunderBolt-3 display, that can also be connected by USB-C 3.1 , and REQUIRES a ThunderBolt-3 or USB-C enabled Mac.

There is a US$50 ThunderBolt-3 <-> ThunderBolt-2 adapter available from Apple, but if you do not already own that display, I suggest finding a comparable display for less money that does not require a torturous and expensive adapter setup.

LG UltraFine 4K Display listed on the Apple Ap store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.